Two members of a family were burnt to death when a fire broke out in the house they were living in Inatole area of Kathmandu on Friday.
The deceased have been identified as Krishna man Shrestha, 54 and his daughter Sangita, 24, police said.
A one storey mud house caught fire due to the cooking gas leakage at around 6.56 pm, according to the police. Inatole area is about 100 meters from Basantapur Durbar Square.
Sunil Shahi, husband of Sangita has suffered burn injuries while trying to rescue his wife and father-in-law.
Firefighters team of Nepal Police, Armed Police Force and Nepal Army had doused the fire after an hour efforts. Property worth Rs. 400,000 has been gutted in the fire, according to the police. nepalnews.com