Brazil coach Dunga has denied suggestions that striker Fred and goalkeeper Julio Cesar have been placed on a blacklist after the team's ignominious World Cup exit last month.
Speaking during an event in Brasilia, Dunga said nobody had been ruled out of Brazil's friendlies against Colombia and Ecuador next month.
"Who says that Julio Cesar and Fred won't come in," Dunga said.
"We are looking at all players. Players who could have been included at the last World Cup but weren't and also players who were and need to live up to expectations. The team will be based on competence and not on friendship or marketing."
Dunga, who also coached Brazil from 2006 to 2010, replaced Luiz Felipe Scolari as Selecao boss after the team failed to reach the final of the World Cup as hosts and pre-tournament favorites.
Brazil crashed to a 7-1 semifinal defeat to Germany and then lost 3-0 to the Netherlands in the match for third place.
Fred was widely condemned by fans and Brazil's media after scoring just one goal for the tournament while goalkeeper Cesar was also criticized.
Brazil will meet Colombia on September 5 and Ecuador four days later, with both matches to be played in the United States. Dunga will announce his squad for the friendlies on August 19. RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 1 (Xinhua)