Sunday, 23rd November 2014

Barcelona confirm five-year Douglas deal


Privacy Policy

FC Barcelona has confirmed the signing of Brazilian defender Douglas for four million euros.

In a statement, the Catalan club said a performance-base clause could add a further 1.5 million euros to the transfer fee.
Sao Paulo hold 60% of the player's economic rights with the balance held by sports marketing firm Traffic.

"Douglas will travel to Barcelona this weekend for a medical exam... [and] sign a five-year contract," the Barcelona statement said.

The announcement comes after Sao Paulo last week confirmed the parties had reached an in-principle agreement.

Douglas had been expected to be loaned back to the Brazilian club for a year before officially joining Barcelona's squad next June.

But it is understood the Blaugrana have changed their plans. The 24-year-old right back is now expected to either remain in Luis Enrique's squad or be loaned to a weaker European rival this season. RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 26 (Xinhua)


Facebook

Twitter

Google Plus

YouTube