Like we need to be more cautious of our health during change of seasons, our skin requires extra care during this period of time too. Sushmita Subedi, a beautician at The Beauty Bar Nepal, Naxal, says "It is extremely important to prepare our skin for the winters. You can start by slowly transitioning into winter skincare from your summer routine."
The secret to healthy skin is a proper skincare routine that is followed every day. Consistency is key. Subedi shares with us the ideal skin care routine perfect for autumn:
Morning skin care:
- Use hydrating face wash to wash your face. The skin requires extra hydration, especially as the cold increases.
- To remove dirt and impurities still stuck to the skin after washing your face, use a toner.
- Use a good serum to protect your skin from radicals you are exposed to daily. Serums have antioxidants that help you to protect your skin from it.
- Due to the increasing cold, it is important to give our skin extra help in moisturization. Hydrating moisturizer is the best option for autumn seasons.
- Sunscreen is a must no matter what weather or season. It should always be a part of your skincare routine.
- Exfoliate your lips to prevent dry and chapped lips. Apply lip balm after to lock in the moisture.
- Hands get dry really quickly as winter approaches. To prevent dry and ashy hands, use hand cream regularly.
Night skin care:
- First step: Remove makeup. Never go to sleep with your makeup on.
- Next, cleanse your face properly to encourage skin hydration. It also prevents the production of extra oils in pores.
- To deeply clean your skin, exfoliate. Exfoliation helps to deeply clean pores. This lessens the amount of breakouts.
- A good face mask is the best way to treat your skin at the end of the night.
- Use a toner to further remove dirt and impurities from your skin.
- Use a serum to fight radicals at night.
- Apply night cream to make your skin look fuller and plumper. It helps boost the production of collagen.
- End your night skincare routine, by applying eye cream and lip balm. The eye cream helps lessen dark circles and saggy under eyes and the lip balm prevents dry and chapped lips.
Things to avoid during autumn season:
- Continuing with summer skincare routine
- Over or under exfoliating
- Excessive use of moisturizer
- Hot shower and heated room
- Improper makeup application
- Skipping face mask and sunscreen
- not washing your face daily
Phone no.: (+)977-01-4523553,(+)977-01-4422551
Location: The Beautybar Store, Chardhungey Chowk, Naxal
Facebook: The Beauty Bar