Monday Sep 25, 2023
Monday Sep 25, 2023

22-year-old electrocuted while fishing in Mugu

2023 Jun 10, 12:59, Mugu

A young man has been electrocuted while fishing in the river, using electricity.

Sanjay Bham, 22, a resident of Chhayannath Rara Municipality, died on Friday due to electrocution while using electricity to catch fish in Ghate River located between wards no's 1 and 4 of the municipality.

Bham, who had gone fishing in the river with a battery and a 12-volt inverter, was rushed to District Hospital Mugu by his friends after he was hit by the electric shock, but died soon after reaching the hospital, said Deputy Superintendent of Police at District Police Office Mahesh Basnet.

The use of electricity for fishing in the Karnali River and its tributaries has been increasing in recent years.


22-year-old Electrocuted fishing Mugu Electric Shock
Nepal's First Online News Portal
Published by Nepalnews Pvt Ltd
Editor: Raju Silwal
Information Department Registration No. 1505 / 076-77


KMC-02, UttarDhoka,
Lazimpat, Nepal

+977–01–4445751 / 4445754

[email protected] [email protected]

Terms of Use Disclaimer
© NepalNews. 2021 All rights reserved. | Nepal's First News Portal